Natural Methods to Improve Vision
- Posted on: Oct 17 2010
While we offer great solutions to prevent vision loss and improve vision changes, there are some natural ways that you can try to keep your eyes strong and in optimal health. These natural vitamins can be found in specific foods or taken as supplements and are said to help with age related vision problems in particular.
- Vitamin A – helps to promote strong vision in low light
- Vitamin C – studies have shown that the risk of getting cataracts is reduced by 70% in those who take vitamin C.
- Vitamin E – this vitamin can help to combat the free radicals in the body that harm cells, including those related to vision.
- Zinc – the human eye contains a large quantity of zinc, the most when compared to any other part of the body. Therefore, the link between zinc and the eye is logical!
- Selenium – this can improve eye health and better help the body absorb vitamin E which is essential in preventing vision loss!
Natural sources of vitamins have the greatest health benefits overall as they have a bearing upon the health of the eyes as well as the body. Healthy foods are safe sources of these vitamins, but supplements are another option. However, it is essential to discuss their medical history with a doctor before beginning a supplement program.
Posted in: Eye Health