Five Facts You Probably Don’t Know About LASIK
- Posted on: Sep 15 2015
If you’ve been contemplating LASIK eye surgery but are having second thoughts about it, the following facts may convince you to finally schedule that appointment!
- LASIK surgery is painless. Pain or discomfort will be very minimal (just slight pressure) to non-existent as topical anesthetic eye drops will be applied before surgery.
- LASIK surgery may at first seem costly but when you add up the cost of a lifetime of contact lenses, eye solution, and prescription glasses you’ll realize it’s not that expensive. You will most likely spend less in the long run.
- The surgery itself and the recovery period are both quick. The procedure takes roughly 15 minutes for each eye, with significant improvement in vision noticeable in the first 24 to 48 hours post-surgery. Some patients are able to resume work two to three days following LASIK.
- The majority of LASIK patients have completely eliminated their reliance on eyeglasses and contact lenses following surgery.
- It’s not an issue of vanity. Most of our patients choose LASIK for convenience and improvement in the way they work or in improving their performance in sports and related physical activities.
Let us help determine if you are a candidate for LASIK! Contact lens wearers must be out of contacts for two weeks for soft contacts and four weeks for gas permeable types prior to consultation.
Call us to set up an appointment. We look forward to helping you improve your life through vision correction!
Posted in: LASIK