Enhance Your Eyelashes with Latisse™ Today
- Posted on: Jun 21 2013
The first and only eyelash treatment approved by the FDA, Latisse™ can help you grow full and natural-looking lashes while simultaneously treating you for hypotrichosis, a condition that prevents hair growth. Latisse is a great way to reverse the effects of this condition and enhance the look of your eyes, requiring only a simple application each night. After a few weeks, your lashes will be fuller, longer, and thicker than you’ve ever seen them. Ready to learn more about what Latisse can do for you?
5 Need-to-Know Latisse™ Facts
- Latisse contains an active ingredient known as bimatoprost, which was first used in glaucoma medication and is believed to promote hair growth.
- The medication does not work as mascara; in fact, you should remove any make-up or contacts before applying it to the base of your eyelashes each day. You should never use the same applicator for both eyes, and never re-use an applicator for even one more night, as this could result in an allergic reaction or eye infection.
- Results will start to become visible after 4 weeks, with full results manifesting by 16 weeks. Lashes will gradually grow darker, longer, and thicker.
- Side effects are rare, but may include itching, redness, or dryness in the eye area. Other potential side effects include eyelid darkening or brown pigmentation of the iris, both of which are very rare occurrences.
- Through a series of studies, the FDA has deemed Latisse as safe for most people. However, patients with pre-existing eye problems and women who are pregnant or nursing should avoid this treatment. Patients who are taking any kind of intraocular pressure lowering medications should consult their eye doctor before taking Latisse, so that he or she can closely monitor the patient’s eye pressure.
Ophthalmologist in Winchester
If you’re curious about Latisse™, and would like to learn more about this eyelash enhancing medication, contact us today to schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Winchester, serving Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland. We can be reached at (540) 722-6200. We look forward to hearing from you!
Posted in: Uncategorized