Top 5 Patient Benefits of iLASIK™
- Posted on: Sep 28 2012
Since its inception, laser vision correction has been changing the lives of our patients, enhancing vision and reducing or eliminating our patients’ dependence on eyeglasses and contact lenses. Now, our practice is proud to offer what many consider to be the most advanced LASIK system available: iLASIK™. Not sure what this cutting-edge procedure is all about?
Here is our list of the Top 5 Patient Benefits of iLASIK:
- Fully-customized procedure. iLASIK is not a one-size-fits-all procedure. Rather, using cutting-edge 3D eye mapping, iLASIK creates a one-of-a-kind image that is used to guide your LASIK procedure. This unique “roadmap” means a fully-customized procedure in keeping with your unique anatomy and medical needs.
- Completely bladeless. Where some LASIK systems rely on metal blades, iLASIK creates a corneal flap using a precise laser. This completely blade-free system is an ideal alternative for those hesitant about “going under the knife.” What’s more, this method often results in better and faster healing following the procedure.
- Cool laser technology. A second laser – the one used to make the actual vision correction – can be understood as a “cool laser.” Using pain-free, ultraviolet light, iLASIK works to reshape the cornea and achieve better vision. What’s more, vision correction takes only seconds per eye.
- Iris registration. Cutting-edge iris registration technology ensures that iLASIK’s laser remains aligned, even if you move your eye. This offers not only a more precise procedure, but very often a quicker procedure as well.
- Most patients achieve 20/20 vision or better. Of course, the most important benefit of iLASIK is its remarkable results. And, while each patient’s results will vary, most iLASIK patients achieve 20/20 vision or better following the procedure.
iLASIK in Winchester
To learn more about iLASIK, contact us today and schedule a consultation. Our offices are located in Winchester, serving Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland, and you can reach us directly at (540) 722-6200. We look forward to meeting you.
Posted in: LASIK